A large percentage of your store visitors are likely to leave your store after browsing through a few product pages. Browse abandonment is an Enterprise feature that allows you to set up an automated web push notification to target these store visitors who viewed a product without taking any action.
With a timely browse abandonment notification, you can bring back visitors to your store.
The Browse Abandonment automation sends a sequence of 3 reminders and each reminder will show a different product that the shopper has viewed. The product featured within the notification is based on the most expensive products that the shopper viewed.
Note: Only products in-stock will be sent via browse abandonment messages.
Here's how you can set it up:
1. On the PushOwl dashboard, click on 'Automation'
2. On the Automation page, toggle the switch next to 'Browse Abandonment'
3. Click on 'Browse Abandonment' to edit the automated notification.
4. Here, you can change when the notification should be sent. The default wait time is 20 minutes.
5. Click on the pencil icon to edit the notification copy.
6. When you click to edit, you will be taken to the notification editor screen. You can see how the notification would look on different devices and browsers.
7. Click on 'Save' when you're done editing.
As you can see, the product image is generated automatically based on the product that the shopper was viewing.
You can follow the same steps for editing the other 2 browse abandonment notification texts.
Do note: The browse abandonment automation does not capture shoppers who received a browse abandonment notification in the last 24 hours.