Browse abandonment is an Enterprise feature that automatically sends web push notification to subscribers who viewed a product without taking any action.
The Browse Abandonment automation sends a sequence of 3 reminders and each reminder will show a different product that the shopper has viewed. The products featured within the notification is based on the most expensive products that the shopper viewed.
Only products in stock will be sent via browse abandonment messages.
Browse abandonment won't work if the shopper has added an item to their cart. (For this, see Abandoned Cart Reminders)
A browse abandonment sequence is canceled if a product is purchased
In total, a subscriber will only receive in total five browse abandonment notifications per 30 days
Browse abandonment won't work if all the viewed products are free
If there are multiple products of the same price (highest and most expensive), any one of them will be featured in the notification at random
The browse abandonment notification gets updated when a new product is viewed.
The three reminders in a browse abandonment sequence may show different products depending on the browsing history of the customer.
Here's how you can set it up:
1. On the PushOwl dashboard, click on 'Automation.'
2. On the Automation page, Activate the switch/button on 'Browse Abandonment.'
3. Click on 'Browse Abandonment' to edit the automated notification.
4. Here, you can change when the notification should be sent. The default wait time is 20 minutes.
5. Click on the "Edit Automation" button to edit the notification copy.
6. When you click to edit, you will be taken to the notification editor screen. You can see how the notification would look on different devices and browsers.
7. Click on 'Save' when you're done editing.
As you can see, the product image is generated automatically based on the product that the shopper was viewing.
You can follow the same steps for editing the other 2 browse abandonment notification texts.
Do note: The browse abandonment automation does not capture shoppers who received a browse abandonment notification in the last 24 hours.