Have trouble receiving test notifications/live preview on the PushOwl dashboard? Here is how you can troubleshoot this:
Ensure that you have subscribed for test notifications from the PushOwl dashboard
When you are on the PushOwl dashboard click on the secure (lock) icon next to the dashboard URL and ensure that notifications are allowed.
You can simply switch the toggle to enable/disable notification permissions.
2. Ensure that you aren't on a private (incognito) browser
Web push notifications don't work on private browsers. Incognito and private modes are temporary and due to this, the browser cannot collect and store subscription data which is required to later send web push notifications.
3. Ensure that your device settings allow notifications
You may also not be receiving notifications because your device settings restrict notifications. Here's how you can solve it on different devices:
1. Go to "Settings" and click on "Apps"
2. From the app list, click on "Chrome"
3. Click on "Notifications" and switch on "Show notifications".
1. Go to "Settings" and click on "Notifications and actions"
2. Ensure that "Banners, Sounds" is toggled on for "Google Chrome"
1. Open "System Preferences" and click on "Notifications"
2. Click on "Google Chrome" and ensure the toggle is on for "Allow Notifications from Google Chrome".
5. Check if you have "Do Not Disturb" or "Focus Assist" switched on
You may not be receiving notifications if you have switched on "Do Not Disturb" (on Mac) and "Focus Assist" (on Windows) for specific hours during the day.
On Mac, open "System Preferences", click on "Notifications", and click on "Do Not Disturb". You can see if this setting is turned on and how long do not disturb is enabled.
On Windows, go to "Focus Assist" from "Settings" and check if you have switched it on.
If you are still having trouble receiving the test notifications from the dashboard, you can contact our support team from the in-chat window here or through the PushOwl dashboard.