What are web push notifications?
Web push notifications are notifications that your website visitors can subscribe to.
- Sent via browser.
- The appearance of the notification is based on the browser that the subscriber opted in from.
- No app install required
- Web push notifications are sent to the device that the subscriber used to opt-in.
- The subscriber does not need to be on the website for them to receive the notification.
What are app push notifications?
App push notifications are notifications that app users receive.
- Sent via the app
- App install required
- App notifications are automatically sent since devices by default turn 'on' notifications for the user.
- The app user does not need to be on the app for them to receive the notification.
What are on-site messages?
On-site messages are notifications that are shown within the app/screen while the user is active within the app. This includes pop-ups that we commonly see for email signups and live sales notifications that you see on the site.
- These messages are triggered to be shown to the user.
- User needs to be on the website to see the message.
- It is not dependent on device.