PushOwl adds a set of UTM parameters to your notifications by default.
The default utm_source for all notifications will be 'pushowl'
Depending on the type of notification, PushOwl will add the following utm_medium parameters:
- Campaigns: campaign
- Abandoned cart reminders: abandoned_cart
- Shipping notifications: fulfillment_complete
- Back in stock alerts: back_in_stock
- Price drop alerts: price_drop
- Welcome notifications: post_subscription
All campaigns sent from PushOwl contain a unique campaign ID. If the notification was from a campaign, the utm_campaign would contain this campaign ID as the parameter.
For automations like abandoned cart reminders, shipping notifications, etc. the utm_campaign would be left empty.
How can I add my own UTM parameter?
If you want to overwrite the default UTM parameters added by PushOwl, simply insert the link with the UTM parameters you want.