Since the last couple of decades, email marketing has been used by most businesses. Everyone receives dozens of emails a day from work colleagues, friends and family, promotions and spam. It’s easy for your email to get lost in the pile.
Online businesses are now moving to push notifications. They have proved to perform much better than email marketing.
- 1 click subscription: Visitors to your store will see a prompt asking them whether they want to receive notifications. As soon as they click ‘Allow’ you can start sending them notifications.
- Quick & effective: Unlike emails, you don’t need to spend hours agonizing over composing your notifications. Crafting a new notification and sending it out takes just 2 minutes.
- Cheaper than email: Most online stores already spend a good deal on acquiring emails and using an email marketing service. Some even splurge more money on designers for creating newsletters and graphics. With push notifications, you don’t have to worry about any of these costs.
- Higher engagement rates: Push notifications contain images and grab attention quite easily. Owing to this, they have significantly higher open and click rates compared to emails, which can go unnoticed quite easily.
- Multi-platform delivery: Push notifications are delivered instantly to desktops, mobiles, and tablets, regardless of the browser being used. And what’s more, your subscribers will receive notifications even if they are not on your store.
- Visibility: Promotional emails have a tendency to find their way to the ‘Promotions’ tab or the spam folder, reducing their visibility. But push notifications aren’t affected by this problem since the notifications are instantly delivered to the subscriber’s screen.