The launch of GDPR on May 25, 2018 meant that as a user, you needed greater control over the privacy of both your subscribers and yourself.
Among the changes in the PushOwl dashboard, a new "Privacy" tab on the Settings page is dedicated to give you control over the data you want to collect and allow PushOwl to process on their behalf.
- IP Address - Gives you the choice of collecting anonymized IP address (with the last octet deleted) or not to collecting any IP addresses.
- Geo-location - Helps you geo-locate your subscribers. You can choose to disable this option, which will limit your ability to send personalized notifications based on location parameters.
- Notification Preferences - When your subscribers click on a notification. a widget will be displayed during their web session. This widget will allow subscribers to access their data, delete their data or unsubscribe (coming soon) from your store.
- Customer ID - PushOwl uses Shopify's customer ID data for revenue attribution. These are critical for the proper functioning of automated notifications (eg - abandoned cart reminders, shipping notifications, back in stock and price drop alerts).
- Usage Access - This is an an option which directly affects the ability of our support team to diagnose and fix issues you are facing. You can choose to disable this feature if you don't need support access and critical updates regarding your store.