When you send discount codes by push notifications, your customers need to remember the code and then remember to apply it during checkout.
Shopify's latest feature - Shareable Discount Links, simplifies this process by creating a discount link to apply the discount code automatically during checkout.
Here's how to go about this:
- Log in to your Shopify Admin dashboard
- Select the 'Discounts' menu option in the left pane
- Create a discount code with the parameters you think will get results.
- Now, select the discount you have created for which you want a discount link.
- Click 'Promote'.
- Click 'Get a shareable link'
- A shareable discount link will be generated which will apply the discount code automatically.
Advanced Use Case
Typically, a shareable discount link will redirect the subscriber to the home page. But if you want the link to redirect to a particular product / collection, you simply need to add the additional parameter "?redirect=<remaining URL after homepage>".
To redirect to your cart page. Pro Tip: Use it for abandoned cart push notifications.
To redirect to your best seller collection